Friday, November 22, 2013

The Thing About Books: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

The post where we unleash out feels...
Hey guys! This week we decided to fangirl over Sarah J. Maas' CROWN OF MIDNIGHT,
sequel to THRONE OF GLASS. So if you haven't read the first book GO READ IT THEN COME BACK ONCE YOU'VE READ BOOK 2!!
This post does contain spoilers!! But if you have read it and want to join us bathe in feels,
feel free!
~Crown of Midnight~


Taherah Abbas
Crown of Midnight absolutely AMAZED me and I AM FULL OF FEELS

Caitlyn Crowe
OH MY GOSH! I KNOW RIGHT! THERE ARE WAY WAAAAAY TOO MANY THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN THIS BOOK

Taherah Abbas
SOSOSO MANY!! But I just want to say how much I LOVELOVELOVE Chaol and Calaena

Caitlyn Crowe
YES OMG I SHIPPED THEM FROM THE VERY FIRST MOMENT THEY MET

Taherah Abbas
THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL

Caitlyn Crowe
YEEES But omg I'm sososososos sad she doesn't trust him anymore and I mean I get it because holy crap man never trust the evil king BUT CHAOL AND HES JUST AMAZING AND SWEET AND HE COULDN'T HELP IT

Taherah Abbas
I KNOW D: But I see both sides and IT'S HARD

Caitlyn Crowe
RIGHT and omg she was so badass when she went and saved Chaol and just like...well always

Taherah Abbas
Lol yeah their feelings for each other are really strong and you cant help but ship them together

Caitlyn Crowe
Yes. Oh and she's a princess? Dude.

Taherah Abbas
I feel like we should have saw it coming but STILL I cant wait for the next book!

Caitlyn Crowe
Okay was I the only one who really really loved the song she sang for the dead princess?

Taherah Abbas
It was a really nice song...I kinda feel bad that I wasn't tooo sad about her death though...

Caitlyn Crowe
Yeah...I mean it sucked but I was like...eh, okay

Taherah Abbas
YEAH EXACTLY! Also Chaol jealous=HILARIOUS

Caitlyn Crowe
OH YES!

Taherah Abbas
Oh how much I love him ^_^ <3

Caitlyn Crowe
He is the best character ever and I don't know if this is from this book or the last or both but I love how they run together in the mornings and how he runs shirtless (does he? am I making this up? well anyways in my mind sometimes he runs shirtless) and all the ladies come and giggle and watch him but he's just oblivious (but not really in this irritatingly adorable way) and only really notices her

Taherah Abbas
2nd book :3 And yes pretty sure he ends up shirtless and he is just too perfect for Caleana and their love story warms my heart

Caitlyn Crowe
Yes oh and when they dance <3

Taherah Abbas
CUTENESSSSSSS
I do feel bad for Dorian though :/ He needs to find himself another awesome girl

Caitlyn Crowe
Well I am glad he isn't with her though, they did NOT work together. At all. I don't know why exactly but they just didn't

Taherah Abbas
I want to say it was their positions in court that kinda clashed with one another. But I do think they need to be friends because Dorian does need someone who will understand what he's going through and that person is Caleana. Orignally I thought it would be Nehemia but she's gone so yeah...

Caitlyn Crowe
Yeah I getcha. But I don't know...Dorian would be a good ally but I feel like he gets too attached to and distracted by her outside lady persona when he should pay more attention to her inner bad ass amazing broken girl. Like Chaol.

Taherah Abbas
True true...I see your point. Also what exactly was up with Dorian's cousin?

Caitlyn Crowe
Wait...who?? Sorry, its been a while *looks pointedly at you* refresh my memory

Taherah Abbas
He's the random cousin of Dorian's that comes to visit and backs up Dorian whenever Dorian makes his point in the council. He and Chaol don't get along either

Caitlyn Crowe
Oh! That asshole who's totally working for the king but for some random reason Dorian seems to trust?

Taherah Abbas
No idea if Dorian trusts him but his appearance is random or it's explained in the book I just didn't pay attention...

Caitlyn Crowe
Lol nice. Well I got the feeling he would play a bigger role in books to come. ALSO! I want Chaol in the next book! I dont want people in split places or any shit like that I want them all the be near each other. I won't be able to deal if more people come in. Also theirs going to inevitably a new hot guy and without Chaol there in front of her how will Celeane remember how much she loves him?

Taherah Abbas
Dude I am sooooooo hoping there is not another guy because well Chaol. And YES THEY NEED TO EVENTUALLY GET BACK TOGETHER WITHIN THE FIRST 2 CHAPTERS ON THE BOOK

Caitlyn Crowe
YES YES YES YES YES I CANT GO THROUGH THE WHOLE "NOT TOGETHER TILL THE END/HALF WAY THROUGH THING" I CAAAAANT

Taherah Abbas
RIGHT LIKE SWEET PERIL WHERE WE SEE KAIDAN IN THE LAST HALF OF THE BOOK LIKE NO

Caitlyn Crowe
OMG NO I CANT DEAL WITH THAT WE NED SOMETHING LIKE APOLLYON WHERE THEY ARE TOGETHER AGAIN LIKE 3 CHAPTERS IN

Taherah Abbas
YESYESYES. Also have I commented on the absolute wonderfulness of this plot/story line?

Caitlyn Crowe
No but I'm sure your about to

Taherah Abbas
Welllll I love the idea of an assassin in a fantasy book because we actually haven't seen one like that and I actually like the world this book is set in

Caitlyn Crowe
I LOVE IT SO MUCH! Which I am sure I expressed thoroughly in my review of Throne of Glass

Taherah Abbas
You probably did :P I loved this book and will definitely give it a 5 stars no matter how heart breaking some scenes were

Caitlyn Crowe
AGREED

What did you guys think about Crown of Midnight?
Like? Love? Eh?
Chaol or Dorian?
Tell us your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...