Friday, February 22, 2013

A Letter to the Author & Review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
461 Pages
Release Date: February 5th, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Genre: Dystopian
Level: YA
Rating: 5 STARS

Goodreads Summary:

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

it's almost

time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.


LETTER TO THE AUTHOR:
Dear Tahereh Mafi,
If you're reading this, then I would probably get a heart attack and spazz around. And if you're not, you're still a magnificent and brilliant writer. I would seriously read anything you write, including a text book. A bit too extreme? ...Naaahh! You make words fly across the page as if every so single word belonged there as if fate brought then together to e piece by you. Just the way both Shatter me and Unravel Me was written and how well it flowed plus Juliette's thoughts in her journal AWED me. I have no idea how you do it but PLEASE CONTINUE! And while I would love to say more but it would probably be more than a page to get all my feelings down. Anyways, thanks for being an awesome person and writer!
P.S If I ever see you, will you please deface my copy of Unravel Me?
~Taherah :)

*WARNING: THERE ARE A FEW SPOILERS FROM SHATTER ME AND UNRAVEL ME*

Without further ado...
MY THOUGHTS:
      Unravel Me had everything a reader could ask for, the action, the romance, the twists OH MY GOD! YES, THE TWISTS!, the awesome characters, and the kickbutt plot!! Juliette's finally free yet she still feels caged up and I mean to can't blame her. And then she finds out Adam's power it causes a rift between them. While Juliette's reasoning is understandable it hurts seeing the characters getting affected by it. Tahereh Mafi then drops a jaw dropping, holy cow! What did he just say? bomb secret on us that makes things a bit awkward for Juliette but really entertaining for the readers. Or at least it was for me. Tahereh effectively manages to write an action filled plot that had us perked up the entire time.

     Juliette is one of the most genuine and realistic dystopian heroine I've read. The only problem I had with this book/Juliette was how withdrawn she got in the first half of the book. But it also helped develop her character and also a big shout out to Kenji for giving Juliette a big reality check. It may have seemed harsh but she needed that.

      It was actually pretty weird seeing Kenji as the "big man on campus" or well Omega Point and being serious. But at the same time it fits him and you gradually get accustomed to it. And don't worry he's still as flirtatious and hilarious as always. I do wish we saw more of James though. I miss hearing him talk. Although, I think it's great that he's making friends and becoming a part of something he's wanted to do.

     As for the romance...well, there's a lot to it. Adam is a sweetheart and fantastically amazing! They both have a bond and history together. And then there's Warner...who's just as amazing and heart touching. And I know I've said this before (Don't blame me! Blame the authors for creating two swoonalicious guys!) but I won't be choosing who I was Juliette to be with because that's a HARD decision, so I'll let Tahereh Mafi have that honor and I'll just go along with whatever happens!

     Warner. 1st: He has a beautiful first name which should only be reserved for Juliette. 2nd: Warner is such a different person than he was in the first book and there's a side of him that only Juliette can reach. 3rd: His feelings for Juliette are genuine which makes things even harder because I love Adam and I don't want either of them getting hurt. 4th: I totally see why the Epic Reads girls made such a big deal out of Chapter 62.

     I have only one thing left to say: READ IT!! You most definitely don't want to kiss out on it and you won't regret it! And if you have yet to read Shatter Me, I suggest you start! This book is for any book lovers out there!! Happy Readings!!

Other reviews for this author: 
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi 


2 comments:

  1. YES I totally agree! Tahereh has such a beautiful writing style and it's just so cute you can't help but go "AWWWWWWW" through it all! I'm totally Team Adam, but I'm starting to warm up to Warner and I just love them both equally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I really do love this series and can't wait for Book 3. I agree w/you about the beginning and how Juliette was. It made the story drag on for a bit, but after all that, I couldn't put it down. I wish I could be neutral like you, but I am SO Team Adam, lol. He just loves her more, IMHO. Great review!

    Vivian
    Confessions of a Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...