Monday, February 4, 2013

Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)Cinder by Marissa Meyer
390 Pages
Release Date: January 3rd, 2012
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Genre: Dystopian/Retelling
Level: YA
Rating: 5 STARS
Source: Library

Goodreads Summary:

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.



I seriously did not even think about reading this book. I wasn't that big of a fan with cyborgs and I may have judges the hook by its cover. *sheepish look* But I recently found out that it was a retelling of Cinderella...and no I didn't connect it with the title when I read the synopsis. On the other hand, Marissa Meyer NAAAILED IT!!!


This was just the perfect book I needed! Marissa Meyer creatively twists the original Cinderella story into a magnificent one of her owns! The plot also just wasn't based around the plague, although it definitely leads to beginning of something big! While Marissa used the Cinderella story as her base line, you could the connections between the two books here and there. The only things I had a problem was that it was really predictable. I'm not if Marissa purposely 



Cinder was amazingly awesome!! I thought she would be a bit soft and the very optimistic kind. (And if I kinda diss the original story, I'm sorry! But I'm not a fan of it!) But she was pretty straightforward and knew when something or not was going to happen. She also had a great relationship with her sister, who loved Cinder as well. And Cinder has so much self control! If I were in her position I would've probably ready slapped 3 or 4 people already...



KAI!!! He is the ultimate sweetheart and he might be the first guy I liked that wasn't a complete douche! I'm sorry again! But usually the sweet guy is the annoying one or the one that's perfect just as a friend. And Kai was cool! He didn't act like a prissy royal and was honest, straight forward, and knew who to trust. He might not have been in the "know" but he could tell who he could/couldn't trust. He and Cinder are sooo cute together and he so AMAZING!! He's the perfect prince material and a guy you can't not like!!



All in all, Cinder is a heart throbbing, creatively told story you would not want to miss out on! I totally regret not reading this sooner but I am glad that I did read it! So if any of you haven't...what are you waiting for?? Happy Readings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...