Saturday, January 25, 2014

Review: Faking It by Cora Carmack

Faking It (Losing It #2) by Cora Carmack
304 Pages
Release Date: June 4th, 2013
Publisher: William Morrow & Company
Genre: Romance
Level: NA
Rating: 5 STARS

Goodreads Summary:

Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.



So I had read the first book of this series (Losing It) and absolute LOVED it. I may have...finished at around one in the morning and then went and got/read this one until oh...I wanna say 5? About two hours before I had to wake up for school...I have good decision making skills. But this series just captivates me. The characters are so beautifully flawed and just amazing and they still seem like they could be real people. I definitely felt all their emotions with them (which isn't SUPER uncommon but still manages to impress me every time). I also really love the stories they tell and basically how they say that no matter how much you feel like you are a spaz there will always be someone who sees it and loves you for it. And they'll be really hot. :) Cora Carmack is brilliant and amazing. Sometimes I casually search to see if she has a new book out...and have a slight freak out when she does (I'm referring to when Finding It came out). Her books are really good. 
           
Now characters: Cade. I just *sigh* I didn't like Cade at first. Like at all. I had read Losing It which...OMG LEAVE NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT THERE WILL BE SPOILERS OMG GO FLY AWAY TO THE MAGICAL LAND OF BOOKS AND READ IT! Anyways I just...UGH he pissed me off. Because he didn't ACTUALLY love Bliss in that way. He just thought he did and he fucked up their relationship because of it and was gross and jealous and petty and for a while completely ruined her happiness and that's not ok. Ever. But he totally redeems himself! Like at the end of this book I was completely in love with him (as much as I was with Bliss and Garrick). He is just so sweet and spiteful and funny and he totally supports everything (well...almost) Max does. All he wants is for her to be herself and I think that's just amazing. He's just. He's just really amazing, okay!
         
MAX! Max is really cool. She's smart and independent and just kinda awesome. She makes some minor-ly stupid decisions but other than that she is just the best. I kinda forget (I'M SORRY! I have shit memory) but I'm pretty sure she's in a band...and sings. And she rocks at it. She is really strong and awesome and snarky and spiteful too (I mean that in the best way btw). There are some moments where I just really wanted to punch her in the face because of something she'd do but those times were few and far between and Cade usually sorts her out. I don't know...there's just something about Max that is impossibly...captivating.
      
Basically! I think this book is really great! The characters are lovely and the plot is just so fun and silly and serious and so many other magical, wonderful things. I'm sure you'd love it too! Especially if you read Losing It. (if you haven't and you're still here BAD YOU) Mmmmm ITS REALLY GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...