Friday, January 10, 2014

The Thing About Books: Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter

Man it's been a while since we did one of these! 
Hey guys, how are all you doing?
This week's book discussion, is: THROUGH THE ZOMBIE GLASS
Beware! There WILL be SPOILERS from Alice in Zombieland and Through the Zombie Glass
If you haven't read either, GO AND READ IT, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!
 And let it be known that a lot of fangirling ensues ;D

~Through the Zombie Glass~

Taherah Abbas:
Through the Zombie Glass literally blew my mind away! I forgot how much I loved this series <33

Caitlyn Crowe
I got about half way through it was like "damn I love this...I'm gonna go buy it...and then reread the first one...yeah."

Taherah Abbas
I love the whole idea of zombies and slayers, which usually I'm not a huge fan of but it has this paranormal-ness to it that it caught my attention

Caitlyn Crowe
I usually mildly dislike zombies but this blew my fucking mind (see? I've been reduced to cursing to get my point across)

Taherah Abbas
And the characters are just AWESOME AND WONDERFUL AND I WANT MY OWN COLE

Caitlyn Crowe
YES YES YES YE SYE YEESYESYESYESYYESYESYSYESYEYEYS I WANT A COLE! I think I might claim him as my new perfect boyfriend

Taherah Abbas
He's most definitely on my Top 5

Caitlyn Crowe
Right now he's at two but who knows...he could surpass Will
Taherah Abbas
I don't think that's possible for you :P But yeah he's amazing, protective, loving, SWOON WORTHY. Just ugh. Dear guys in the world, want a girl? READ A BOOK AND BE THE FICTIONAL CHARACTER

Caitlyn Crowe
Yeah...no girl will resist

Taherah Abbas
It's so sad how high my expectations for guys are

Caitlyn Crowe
It will suck for every other male ever. But you'll always be happy (to boys)

Taherah Abbas
Unless all the other males do the same...then they're all set

Caitlyn Crowe
I will probably never find a guy because my expectations are too exceptionally high

Taherah Abbas
Don't worry, my life mission will be to find you a guy :P

Caitlyn Crowe
Aw thanks <33333 I would say the same but I'm shit at reading people/think no one is good enough for you/will probably just end up screwing up your life and irritating you

Taherah Abbas
XD Anyways back to the book....
NEW CHARACTERS: Gavin and Veronica.
SO MANY JEALOUSY MOMENTS. IT IS HILARIOUS :D

Caitlyn Crowe
dude Gavin is really cool!
AND YES LIKE WHN HE SHOWED UP TO MAKE DINNER FOR HER AND THEN COLE DID TOO

Taherah Abbas
I love him and his character! AND RIGHT :P And when she and Gavin had another vision and he punched a wall. BEST. THING. EVER

Caitlyn Crowe
OMG YES! But it was also really irritating that Cole didn't trust her and broke up with her :P I liked it when she dished it back to him XD like when she punched him and he got like super turned on ...xD that may have been my favorite moment...next to the "look at how cool Ali is" moment...and when they made out in front of everyone...

Taherah Abbas
Yeah like how much he trusts the visions over her love for him. And I was laughing so hard when they started to flirt with each other without actually realizing they were flirting XP So. Much. Sexual. Tension ;P
What I also loved was how Mackenzie and Trina helped and how cool they were to her. Total friendship development

Caitlyn Crowe
I liked how she wasn't like the normal main girl though. She realized it and told herself to stop because HE broke up with HER so she should just leave him alone. I also liked how much it irritated him that she succeeded.
I liked them too and when they came to her to tell her to tell Cole to stop his shit and be nicer :)

Taherah Abbas
RIGHT?! She didn't mope around. Maybe complained in her head but hey she totally had the right to with what he did to her. And yes love their epic yet hilarious moments. There was one chapter or phrase where she said she was going to be a "walking sedative" and that totally didn't happen but it was just awesome and yeah.

Caitlyn Crowe
Yeah :) she was really chill and amazing and held together really well. OH I LOVED HER TATOOS!!!!!!

Taherah Abbas
Epicness. Agreed. I love tattoos that have meaning to them

Caitlyn Crowe
Yes. Definitely. OH I also like when she went to Gavin first and Cole walked in and was all pouty I just...Melted

Taherah Abbas
At the end or in one of the meetings?

Caitlyn Crowe
end

Taherah Abbas
Ahhh yeah :P OOOOH and then there's Zombie Alice. Man she was freaaaky. Totally awesome to the plot but I would go crying and hiding in the closet if I saw a zombie me in the mirror telling me she was my doom. Just creepy

Caitlyn Crowe
Yeah that was scary as hell. But I can't help but thinking that if Cole hadn't broken up with her it a) wouldn't have happened and b) she would have told someone sooner and a lot of shit wouldn't have gone down

Taherah Abbas
No I feel like it would have happened either way. But she would have told someone well him sooner if they were together

Caitlyn Crowe
And she wouldn't have attacked him. That was scary btw. If I had been her I would have just ditched town. 
Left her Nana with Ankh and Reeve and just skipped out.
She's insanely brave and strong

Taherah Abbas
Really brave. Alice is such an awesome person and I love how selfless she is

Caitlyn Crowe
I love heeeeeeer and I love how she stands up to Cole when no one else will.“Fear of spiders is 
arachnophobia, and fear of tight spaces is claustrophobia, but fear of Ali Bell is just called logic.”

Taherah Abbas
XD One of my fave lines in the books. How they came up with them randomly I don't know. But just awesomenesssssssss

Caitlyn Crowe
I wanna be that cool *pouts*
I'm hoping if I read about it enough I will vicariously gain that awesomeness
ANYWAYS! Book!
Omg omg omg Taherah no. Just no.

Taherah Abbas
What? :o

Caitlyn Crowe
WHAT IF SHE FORGETS HIM CUZZ IN THE VISION AAAAAAHAHHHHH

Taherah Abbas
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH DONT TALK ABOUT IT SHHHHH NO NO NO I DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT THAT. IT'S A LATER PROBLEM CAITLYN. LET'S LEAVE IT LIKE THAT *tries to bask in the happiness of the end of the book*

Caitlyn Crowe
But but but......no I don't like memory loss...I can't cope with it...
HAPPINESS VIOLET EYE

Taherah Abbas
YES SEE PROGRESS.8:33 PM

Caitlyn Crowe
Omg have I mentioned how much I fucking love that?=

Taherah Abbas
:P I want to see violet eyes. Prettiness

Caitlyn Crowe
Me too....they're really hot....

Taherah Abbas
They are. I think I personally would prefer blue/grey but it seems like a nice eye color too

Caitlyn Crowe
Well yeah but on him...mmmmm....they are nice. Mmmmm I love Kat and I love that she and Frosty are FOR REAL together this time AND REEVES AND BRONX AAAHH

Taherah Abbas
YAY! I LOVE THE SIDE RELATIONSHIPS. It's adorable seeing all these huge, muscly guys filled with jealousy :P Kat and Frosty's banters are the BOMB

Caitlyn Crowe
YES! Kat is just the coolest person Oh and Ali...cuzz she you know...broke 3 half starved teenagers out of a crazy torture facility...that was epic

Taherah Abbas
Definitely. OH and Jaclyn and Justin are pretty cool too!

Caitlyn Crowe
Yeah but Ethan is stupid
I knew from the beginning he was too

Taherah Abbas
Ugh >.> he was annoying. Same, it was kinda obvious when we find out his sister has cancer

Caitlyn Crowe
I hate the Hazmats

Taherah Abbas
Hazmats are just inconsiderate people >.< who are just all in it for the money...

Caitlyn Crowe
Seriously and they are REALLY stupid

Taherah Abbas
Meh yeah all in all, Through the Zombie Glass was full of awesomeness and epicness with amazing characters. It definitely deserves 5 STARS :D

Caitlyn Crowe
AGREEEEED
So as you can tell we really enjoyed the book! 
Anyone else love the book or series as much as we do?
We'd love to know :)
Hope you guys enjoyed this chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...