Monday, March 24, 2014

Review: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Maybe SomedayMaybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
384 Pages
Release Date: March 18th, 2014
Publisher: Atria Books
Genre: Contemporary
Level: NA
Rating: 4 STARS

Goodreads Summary:
At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life: She's in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her and she's forced to decide what her next move should be.

Soon, Sydney finds herself captivated by her mysterious and attractive neighbor, Ridge. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there's something about Sydney that Ridge can't ignore, either. They soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.

A passionate tale of friendship, betrayal, and romance, Maybe Someday will immerse readers in Sydney's tumultuous world from the very first page.


Colleen Hoover surprises me yet again in her new heart wrenching novel, Maybe Someday. Full of passion, Maybe Someday blew me away with it's story and characters. It definitely had a lot more complications than I thought would appear which made the story pretty interesting to say the least. 


Ridge. Wow, he was an intense character. I loved how much his passion for music showed and the depth he had. One of the things I was not expecting was him being deaf. I honestly thought he was messing with Sydney when he first told her. Reading the previous chapters in his POV, it really didn't seem like he was deaf. Yet one of my favorite aspects from this was his communication with Sydney. It didn't seem forced at all and there was no awkward moments just because he was deaf. They easily communicated and it was never made into this big deal and I love that so much. And there's the fact that he's a has a girlfriend, Maggie, who he's been dating for 5 years. Complications, I tell you. The thing is that you can't hate Maggie. I loved her. She was a huge part in his character development by the end and it was so sad seeing him deal with his new feelings for Sydney as well as his old and deep feelings for Maggie. The book showed how much he cared for both and yeah he could have made better choices but it just made Ridge...Ridge.



Sydney. Oh Sydney. I loved her character and just her awesome self. It was cool seeing her and Ridge connect through music and how their relationship developments. Dialogue between her and other characters were key in making me see how genuine and funny she was. She had great relationships with a lot of the characters like Warren, Ridge's best friend, who may I add I LOVE to death. She was a character I was able to connect to easily and see through her POV without judging or hating on. 


Ok so I have this huge thing against cheating and adultery and I hate when characters are with someone and kiss someone else because they're in the moment or whatever. Some people are fine with it since they're meant to be but I really hate it (sometimes even I'm fine with it if there's a reason or the other guy/girl knows and is fine with it or if the other person is just horrible then that's totally fine). For me it's like guys do whatever you want once you break up with the guy/girl. And I loved that through the entire book there was only one kiss and then it stopped. They were honest and dealt with it maturely than other characters would have in their place. I loved that they tried to fight against it yet were able to remain friends even if it was at some distance.

Dealing with friendships, relationships, and the hardships of falling in love, Maybe Someday is the perfect book for NA and/or contemporary lovers. A book I don't think I would forget, I think it's a book for those who love music or those who want to read a love story that will play with your emotions. Happy Readings! 


P.S If you guys do happen to read it, don't forget to follow along with the soundtrack HERE ;D 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...