Friday, March 14, 2014

The Thing About Books: Nightmare Dilemma by Mindee Arnett


In this week's The Thing About Books, Caitlyn and I 
discuss NIGHTMARE DILEMMA. The second book to the 
awesome Mindee Arnett's Nightmare Affair! **THERE ARE SPOILERS FROM BOTH BOOKS!
Don't read this post if you haven't read the book yet! Enjoy!

~Nightmare Dilemma~
Caitlyn Crowe
So Nightmare Dilemma...

Taherah Abbas
Loved this book as much as I loved the first one ^_^ Much more intense with an AWESOME plot

Caitlyn Crowe
 I KNOW! And I just finished so I'm still stuck on this but the curse. OMG TAHERAH WHY DOES THERE HAVE TO BE A CURSE!?!?!?!?!

Taherah Abbas
RIGHT?! It makes things so. much. more. complicated *throws hands up in the air*

Caitlyn Crowe
*falls on ground, defeated* I don't wanna read a book where they either a) can't stay away from each other and everything goes to hell or b) everything goes to hell because they try to stay away from each other. *whine* I don't waaaannnnaaaaa! Why can't they just be haaaaappppyyyy?

Taherah Abbas
*le sigh* because they're books...But dude I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN ELI USED THE BUFFY REFERENCE WHICH SHE DIDNT GET BUT JUST AWESOMENESSSSSS XD

Caitlyn Crowe
I LIKED THEY PART WHEN DUSTY WAS JUST LIKE "F IT ALL" AND RAN AND KISSED HIM IN FRONT OF EVERYONE

Taherah Abbas
DUDE YES. A bit cliché but YES I SHIP SO MUCH

Caitlyn Crowe
I've found that sometimes I like cliche. BUT OH! OMG TAHERAH TAHERAH TAHERAH

Taherah Abbas
Lance and Selene?

Caitlyn Crowe
No *scoff* come on, like all of us didn't see that coming

Taherah Abbas
Errr I meant it in a "I love them together!"

Caitlyn Crowe
Well yes, that too. But no

Taherah Abbas
Soooo what?

Caitlyn Crowe
EXCALIBER

Taherah Abbas
Dude. Love the whole idea of the block thing in her mind and how it did affect her throughout the whole book :P

Caitlyn Crowe
I also liked that there were no hints as to what it really was, it just kinda smacked them in the face.

Taherah Abbas
Right?! I also love the connection of the story to Atlantis which isn't much explored in the YA genre

Caitlyn Crowe
Right! Although I would love a bigger explanation on what, exactly, it is the sword does/is

Taherah Abbas
Yeah a bit of history would have helped. Im hoping there is some more info on it in the next book

Caitlyn Crowe
yeeeesss Oh, and how bout Paul being gone? I'm not really sure how I feel about it

Taherah Abbas
Paul actually grew on me. While I don't LOVE him, he was a decent guy

Caitlyn Crowe
I like the new mind magic guy...what's his name...D....something

Taherah Abbas
Daravelle(?) Not sure of the spelling

Caitlyn Crowe
Yeah, yeah him

Taherah Abbas
but yeah he's pretty cool. I like how he's a teacher friend but not like Lady Elaine but more friend than teacher because of his young-ness. Kinda get what I'm trying to say?

Caitlyn Crowe
yup, and I mean he is a minor character but I feel like he'll be a good confidant that isn't gonna rat them out or anything. LIKE CULLPEPER

Taherah Abbas
Omg Culpepper is hilarious :P I love his character and the black market business he has going on

Caitlyn Crowe
I also love that he likes Dusty now and that they're friends

Taherah Abbas
haha yeah and then there's Mr.Corvus! I actually like him as a character and I hope he's more in book 3

Caitlyn Crowe
He reminds me of Mad-eye Moody

Taherah Abbas
Oh most definitely!

Caitlyn Crowe
I think...I miss all the dream stuff...you know? It was just the tower this time really

Taherah Abbas
I mean I guess it was part of the plot so nothing much that could have been done about it. But I get what you mean, the dreams are what brought Eli and Dusty together and gave them a special connection and it would have been nice to see more of it

Caitlyn Crowe
Plus the symbology was really cool to figure out and see come together

Taherah Abbas
It was. DUDE am I the only one that LOVED the whole idea of Atlantis being a part of the book?

Caitlyn Crowe
Yes! But I really wanted more informations on it, I really like Atlantis and it was so cool reading about it but it felt...vague

Taherah Abbas
I think it would have been better if we read passages from the Atlantis book and knew more about it which would have helped more in placing how they would make the other city fall

Caitlyn Crowe
I also don't know all that much about Atlantis besides that it was lost so...yeah...some of that stuff was lost to me

Taherah Abbas
Yeah I mean YA books really don't go into the idea of Atlantis all that much ;/

Caitlyn Crowe
Thats what was awesome about this one. (have we talked about Paul?0

Taherah Abbas
Definitely

Caitlyn Crowe
Hb the weird race thing going on? wanna talk about that?

Taherah Abbas
OHH yess

Caitlyn Crowe
I really hate this weird new "I hate every other kind because we're always the ones who are killed" BS

Taherah Abbas
RIGHT?! Honestly, just stop. Why cant they all get along? I don't see how one can even put more blame on the dark kinds

Caitlyn Crowe
And it irritates me that they think they are the victim when its so obvious THERE ISNT ONE!!!! EVERYONE IS BEING TARGETED!!!!!!!! NOT EVERYTHING COMES BACK TO WHAT SPECIES YOU ARE!!!!!!!

Taherah Abbas
EXACTLY. Its not like one species is less or looked down upon either

Caitlyn Crowe
And its weird to me that only Eli and Dusty seem to realize this fact

Taherah Abbas
I mean Im sure there are others who think the same but for the light kinds(??) to actually go as far as destroying the city was just stupid

Caitlyn Crowe
(Nature) I mean, they weren't supposed to destroy the city just show words the city thing was Paul's uncle, but I really want to smack them all for even thinking they have to protest

Taherah Abbas
I guess they do have some reason but it wasn't necessary to go all out in the protest either

Caitlyn Crowe
Seriously

Taherah Abbas
Love Lance and Selene together ^.^

Caitlyn Crowe
yeah, they're cute. I think its weird that Dusty doesn't like it though

Taherah Abbas
Yeah I think Lance has proved himself to be worthy

Caitlyn Crowe
I love their pranks, I want more of them

Taherah Abbas
Yesssssssss please! It would be cool to have their pranks back :)

Caitlyn Crowe
Omg I loved the face drawing one Dusty did!

Taherah Abbas
*does not remember*

Caitlyn Crowe
.......with the pen....that only shows up at a certain time...

Taherah Abbas
*does not remember*

Caitlyn Crowe
I give this a 4.5 STARS

Taherah Abbas
Ditto :D

What did you guys think of Nightmare Dilemma?
Same or differing thoughts from us? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...