Friday, May 31, 2013

Review: Of Triton by Anna Banks

Of Triton by Anna Banks
256 Pages
Release Date: May 28th, 2013
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Genre: Mermaids, Fantasy
Level: YA
Rating: 4.5 STARS

Goodreads Summary:

In this sequel to OF POSEIDON, Emma has just learned that her mother is a long-lost Poseidon princess, and now struggles with an identity crisis: As a Half-Breed, she’s a freak in the human world and an abomination in the Syrena realm below. Syrena law states that all Half- Breeds should be put to death.

As if that’s not bad enough, her mother’s reappearance among the Syrena turns the two kingdoms—Poseidon and Triton—against one another. Which leaves Emma with a decision to make: Should she comply with Galen’s request to keep herself safe and just hope for the best? Or should she risk it all and reveal herself—and her Gift—to save a people she’s never known?

MY THOUGHTS:

           I know, I know, its mermaids. BUT its good I swear!! Personally I love mermaids! They are so cool to me, especially the ones that can shift their fins into legs and walk on land! Now if you haven't read Of Poseidon I suggest you do that because this is major spoil-ige right here. If you are a hard core book nerd and will read this series even knowing what will happen I commend you, you are amazing. MOVING ON! So when I finished Of Poseidon I was like "Wait! What? Where's the rest?!?!" When I figured out there was a second I was ecstatic. Of Poseidon was funny, adorable, and really just wonderful and left me with a pleasant feeling inside even with the ending. So I started reading Of Triton thinking that this was gonna be like the last one and not emotionally traumatizing, I mean common its Emma and Galen. AHAHAHAHA I was so wrong! Dont get me wrong this book was amazing and funny and adorable too...but it was soooo not what i was expecting. It was so much more nerve wraking and endless amounts of "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, no how are they gonna fix this!?!?! AAHHH!!!" Basically *grins* I loved it! Here's why:

      Emma. Emma is amazing. She is half Syrean and half human so she can't grow a fin or blend but she can breathe underwater and doesn't get hypothermia. Her mom is the long lost Syrena princess Nalia who was betrothed to Galen's brother Grom. Now Emma isn't bad-ass in the usual sense of like amazingly strong and scary, she's bad-ass in the sense of her temper is legendary and her snarky comments? The funniest! She is one of the most like-able characters who's POV I have read from. Other characters always have that one thing that irritates me, but not Emma. She is the bomb. Emma is strong willed, bull headed, and really reeeaaallly smart(a deadly combination for any unsuspecting Syrena). OHMYSWEETGOODNESS!!!! And her Gift! She can control fish! It sounds lame but its not, she can control anything under the sea: sharks, whales, dolphins, fish...all of them. Its pretty cool. 
       
     Now Galen. He is a Syrena prince and *cough* is in love with Emma and she with him. *grins like a lunatic* It is so cute I can't even begin to describe it!!! *laughs* I describe a particular scene from this book with an adorable moment between them to one of my friend and her response was "Why can't this be my life?" <3 Its just......*still grinning* they are wonderful and adorable. He knows just how to keep Emma calm and she knows just how to keep him sane and keep his confidence up. GAH!
      
      There are two other couples that I want to discuss briefly: Toraf and Rayna & Nalia and Grom. THEY ALL ARE SO PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER OH MY GOSH!!!!! They are all cute and adorable and make me want to squeal and giggle and just have relationship like that and then die from the happiness of it all. No exaggeration. They just fit each other perfectly. 
     
      Now the only hard part for me with this book was the villain Jagen(I think thats his name sorry if it isn't). He is just SO terrible and his motivations were never really clear to me, like at all. He just uuuggghhh I don't know I hate him like you're supposed to but he irritates me not just as a person but as a character! And his daughter Paca!!! Like WTF!!!! Grow some balls or think for yourself or SOMETHING!!!! JEEZ!!!!
      
       Overall I really loved, loved, LOVED this book and the one before it! They are filled with adorable snarky wonderful rainbows. You should read them. Yup. Definitely should. Seriously the relationships and characters *dies* wonderful, just wonderful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...