Monday, December 2, 2013

Stray by Rachel Vincent

Stray by Rachel Vincent
618 Pages
Release Date: June 1st, 2007
Publisher: Mira Books
Genre: Paranormal/fantasy
Level: YA
Rating: 5 STARS

Goodreads Summary:

There are only eight breeding female werecats left . . . 
And I'm one of them.

I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.

Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.

I'd been warned about Strays -- werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female, and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.

This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back . . . for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever -- and whoever -- I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays -- 'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them . . .



MY THOUGHTS:

           Stop. Stop right now. I know what your doing; you're judging. You're judging this book by its ridiculous cover and the summary (I know *flinches* it says meek kitty...I'm sorry). I know you are I did it too and my other friend (not Taherah) did it when I need to have a spaz attack about it. But just stop. This is one of those books that you just have to ignore all the stuff but the actual content. Okay? Because it's sooooo worth it. Rachel Vincent is a genius. This book is witty and funny and scary and infuriating and just plain good. The tone is so amazing and snarky I really love Faythe (shut up I like her name). I don't know what else to say but this is a really great book AND STOP JUDGING IT AND GO READ.

        So Faythe. She is an amazing girl who is really strong and smart and independent. She kicks ass. Although she can be really stubborn and bullheaded sometimes she always makes up for it in the end. Okay I need to take a second to rant about her family. UGH THERE IS JUST NO SEXUAL EQUALITY AT ALL! The women are treated as possessions and shielded from everything. Its bull crap! UGH Faythe feels the same way and basically spends most of her time telling them that. OH! And none of them ever listen to her side of things! Its so frustrating and just adds so much to the story and makes everything just that much more exciting. She's also really good at running away from home which for some reason I really respect and like about her. She is just really awesome and amazing, you feel everything with her. (UGH there was this one part like 50 PAGES IN 50 where I nearly cried and like my chest just ached you know?...this book really got to me)

      Marc. *sigh* Oh, Marc. Marc is just the like the sweetest, nicest, most amazing, stubborn, possessive, infuriating thing that has ever happened to anything. Ever. He just. UGH. He just does these things and your heart breaks for him. But then there are time when he totally mishandles a situation and he acts like a huge jerk and you just wanna smack yourself in the forehead because it was such a shit move. And he's hot...so that helps. And I don't know...he just knows Faythe. He knows everything about her. And he gets jealous and is super buff and good at fighting and stuff and he's really cool. And cocky...but then what YA guy isn't? At least a little. I just love him. Although some other people might like Jace....I don't. He seems cool but no. He's not right for her, Marc is. Sorry everyone who likes Jace :/ MARC IS THE BEST!

      I also really like this book because it's kinda reverse. Its not the girl who gets dumped and still pines away for the guy and can't seem to stay away from him and is all...clingy. Its the other way around ;) Marc pines for Faythe. It's kinda awesome. Anyways! I really enjoyed this book! I think you will too! Check it out, its a series but it came out a while ago so all the books are out. Happy reading x)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...