Friday, December 20, 2013

The Truth About Books: Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken


Hey guys! Been a while! This weeks Truth About Books is one of my favorites.
I think you'll like it too :)

~Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken~




Caitlyn Crowe
I think the Darkest Minds is one of my favorite book series

Taherah Abbas
Never Fade totally blew my mind with its plot

Caitlyn Crowe
Yes. And I love how the titles are going to make a sentence! The Darkest Minds Never Fade...

Taherah Abbas
Wait it was confirmed that it was going to make a sentence??

Caitlyn Crowe
Well I mean Christine from PolandbannanasBOOKS talked to the author and she said it was so..

Taherah Abbas
Awesome and pretty cool!

Caitlyn Crowe
I really wanna know what the sentence is...

Taherah Abbas
So would it be "The Darkest Minds In time Never Fade...."

Caitlyn Crowe
YES lol I forgot In Time which OMG was so AMAZING

Taherah Abbas
I need to read that soooon

Caitlyn Crowe
YOU HAVEN'T!?!?! SHAME!

Taherah
I WILLLLLL

Caitlyn Crowe
GOOD Lets move on to PLOT

Taherah Abbas
LOVED the plot and how all the past characters like Chubbs come back into the story XD XD

Caitlyn Crowe
looks around the room...I was under the impression that there was no doubt they were coming back...

Taherah Abbas
Well yeah but HOW they did was awesome

Caitlyn Crowe
Omg though the part with Chubbs was so cute and sweet and when she hugged him I was so happy I nearly cried and just Chubbs is so goddamn amazing aaaaaaaahhhhh

Taherah Abbas
Chubbs IS THE BOMB. He's adorable and just Chubbs. Dude Chubbs could totally become an adjective

Caitlyn Crowe
Chubbs is Chubbs and nothing and no one trumps him because he's gruff and stiff and mean but then he isn't and he's amazingly sweet and thoughtful and like the greatest person to have ever lived (well I mean...in The Darkest Minds)

Taherah Abbas
And then when Ruby finally sees Liam ITS HEART. BREAKING

Caitlyn Crowe
It hurt me inside also the fake Clancy thing was exceptionally annoying. OH and those parts where Liam kinda remembered her but he was half lucid...so he didn't :P not cool Alexandra Bracken not cool

Taherah Abbas
>.< It was. So glad when he was proved a fake. And yessssssssssssssh SADNESSS

Caitlyn Crowe
Omg no and when he flipped the fuck out and like ran away and then yelled at her because even though he didn't remember her he still loved her. UGH HEART FUCKING BROKEN LYING ON THE FLOOR IN PIECE BECAUSE SOMEONE DECIDED THAT THEY SHOULD PUT IT IN A FUCKING BLENDER AND THE POUR LEMON JUICE ALL OVER IT

Taherah Abbas
That’s a vivid yet accurate description of my feelings. It also hurt seeing Ruby all sad and you can’t not feel fro Liam and just want to give him a hug

Caitlyn Crowe
Yesh and just everything, just everything

Taherah Abbas
And there’s this Jude who is this awesome kid who earns his way to/in her group

Caitlyn Crowe
I liked him...but I didn't like him as much as I think I was supposed to...like I think Zu and Chubbs and Liam are the best and just no one can come into that. And yeah I was sad when Jude died but...I wasn't THAT sad

Taherah Abbas
I think he was someone who deserved to be mourned. Yeah he didnt got through all the things from the start but he was there for her in book 2 and i liked that

Caitlyn Crowe
I mean...I guess. He was cool but...whatever

Taherah Abbas
shrugs I liked him enough.

Caitlyn Crowe
I don't dislike him...I just...don't love him...

Taherah Abbas
I see where you're coming from...

Caitlyn Crowe
OMG NO I DONT WANT THEM TO LOSE THEIR POWERS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Taherah Abbas
D: I hope they don’t. It's like X-men all over again (it is X-men right?)

Caitlyn Crowe
YES AND I DONT WANT THEM TOO I MEAN THE GOVERNMENT OBVIOUSLY WILL AND RUBY WILL BECAUSE SHE HATES HER POWERS BUT NOOOOO I LOVE THEM I FEEL LIKE IF SHE LOSES THEM SHE'LL REALIZE HOW MUCH A PART OF HER THEY ARE AND THAT SHE WILL BE INCOMPLETE WITHOUT THEM

Taherah Abbas
Her powers and well everyone powers are apart of who they are and made them who they are especially Ruby

Caitlyn Crowe
I know! But I feel like they don't grasp that and won't until its too late and then...well then I'm just going to have to go die in a giant pit of sadness and irritation (the worst combo ever)

Taherah Abbas
Ugh I knooooooooow  :/ Also just putting it out there. Cole is awesome

Caitlyn Crowe
Yes! If I didn't ship Riam (Luby? No. No. Definitely Riam) I would ship them

Taherah Abbas
OH GOD YES

Caitlyn Crowe
OMG WHEN HE HAD POWERS THOUGH mind explosion

Taherah Abbas
DUDE DUDE RIGHT?! (Does he have the firepower? Or is that someone else?)

Caitlyn Crowe
No that's him but I don't know. I was just so flippin amazed.

Taherah Abbas
He was able to hide it very well

Caitlyn Crowe
Have I ever mentioned how much I love the powers in this book?

Taherah Abbas
:P I don’t believe so

Caitlyn Crowe
Well I do. I love how they're categorized by color it makes the powers just seem so raw and like they're truly a part of the person who has them. I also really love how the powers are so broad in their categories but also really specific. Like theirs no water controllers but the Oranges all differ in some way from one another again like they really are extensions of the person that uses them.

Taherah Abbas
I like how original and different they were all categorized and unique these set of powers were

Caitlyn Crowe
I (and this btw is going to sound really REALLY bad) also really love the internment camp idea and plot pieces of the book...Its just really interesting and I don't know...I just like it...

Taherah Abbas
So u like more of how its integrated into the story...?

Caitlyn Crowe
Yes and its role and stuff in the story

Taherah Abbas
That makes sense

Caitlyn Crowe
And (don't hurt me) I really like the first book (plot wise) better...I just...I need my Black Betty gang you know? Ruby gets down in the dumps and less...spectacular (less not unspectacular) when she isn't with them. And she's makes irritatingly logical yet stupid decisions

Taherah Abbas
I dooooooooo having Liam and Zu in the book really helped develop Ruby

Caitlyn Crowe
I miss my Black Betty gang. I miss them so much I actually managed to remember the car's name. I can't even remember Liam

Taherah Abbas
NEXT BOOK
Hopefully the whole gang will all come together

Caitlyn Crowe
YES THE NEXT BOOK NEEDS THEM ALL OR I WILL CRY (I mean I'll still read and love it just...less)

Taherah Abbas
I FEEEL YOU. I give this book 4.5 stars

Caitlyn Crowe
AGREED

Hope you enjoyed this post and the book! 
Leave a comment and we'll try to respond!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...