Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
421 Pages
Release Date: August 23rd, 2011
Publisher: Razorbill
Genre: Paranormal
Level: YA
Rating: 4 STARS

Goodreads Summary:

Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...



So I actually read Bloodlines before I knew Vampire Academy and may I just say, I am SO happy it happened that way! *hides behind Taherah* Now don't hurt me for saying this.....but I haven't finished the VA series and probably wouldn't have started this one had I read them the other one around. DON'T HATE ME!!! Now I'm not saying VA is bad, it is spectacular....but I just....I don't know....I couldn't get into it as much... BUT with Bloodlines I am SO IN!!!! I love this series to death! I think Richelle Mead is brilliant for thinking of these words and totally recommend this book to ALL! I mean just hearing this books title makes me smile :) Its twelve at night and I'm wracking my head on what to tell you about this book because it really is amazing and I've realized...that might be enough. There is really no other way to describe Bloodlines except as, well, brilliant.


MOVING ON TO SYDNEY!!!!! Sydney is SO cool!!! She is pretty and smart and brave and bad ass and just AWESOME!!! Sydney, unlike....well all other Alchemists is not completely and paralyzingly afraid of vampires and dhampirs. She is also the least repulsed by them of the Alchemists. She sees them as human beings.....maybe not that far but at least a lot closer to that than anyone else. (this next bit is a teeny tiny bit spoilery...but not really) And although Sydney seems like the perfect little Alchemist, she is anything but. She forms her own opinions about things and people, and she's not afraid to break rules in the process (well she is...but she pushes past that). Sydney is so strong and so brave and WONDERFUL!!!! At first I couldn't see this but as time went on I truly started to admire her. So if you don't see these things in Sydney at first DON'T WORRY if you persist with this book and series I promise you will!!! I also love how much Sydney changes and grows in each book! You can always see a distinct difference between the Sydney at the beginning of a book and the end, the events and people in the story change her in a way you don't normally find so distinctly in books. She is truly, truly amazing.



NOW!!!!! My most favorite person of these books mmm *slow smile* Adrian Ivashkov!!!!! Adrian is a beautiful, beautiful creature. He is funny and broken and artistic and crazy and just amazing. (if you have not read Bloodlines skip the next sentence, I know sorry I just have to get it out) He notices Sydney when no one else does, she is the keeper of the group and no one checks to see if she is ok.....except him. *smile* Adrian although he doesn't seem it is really sweet and thoughtful, it is just masked and hidden by his scars (figurative, Adrian's body is perfect) OH RIGHT!!!! He's a spirit user!!! So it drives him crazy...unless he drinks, because then he can't access it nor it him XD Yeah I'm not really sure what else to say about Adrian Ivashkov except that he is brilliant and wonderful and amazing and just AAAHHHH!!!!!



Basically I really think you should read this book and Taherah agrees! I'm not really sure why we haven't reviewed it.....because its bloody brilliant. Bloodlines is a funny, suspenseful, magical, and wonderful book you should read even if you haven't read or didn't like the VA books. OH!! But if you want to read them or are like half way through the series...don't read these because it gives away (generally) what happens....yeah. I really like this book, I think you will too.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree, I was pretty underwhelmed w/VA. Altho, yes, my fave character is Adrian and I'm so happy he's in this series. I must read this one soon! Loved Sydney too! Great review!

    Vi
    Confessions of a Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...