Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review: Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga #1) by Colleen Houck
403 Pages
Release Date: January 11th, 2011
Publisher: Sterling
Genre: Romance/ Paranormal-Mythology...kinda
Level: YA
Rating: 4.5 STARS

Goodreads Summary:

Passion. Fate. Loyalty.


Would you risk it all to change your destiny?


The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world. But that’s exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.


Tiger’s Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more.


MY THOUGHTS:

      I LOVE this book! I have read and reread The Tiger's Curse it isn't even funny. Colleen Houck is brilliant! The character's are amazing and entertaining! The plot and general essence of the story is mysterious and exotic and adventurous! Its like fantasy...except its paranormal...its fantastic!I love how she incorporates the Indian mythology, it is so interesting and just cool! I also love just Ren and Kelsey and Mr. Kadam! I just...I'm not even really sure what it is but this book has a certain quality about it that makes it amazing and interesting every time I read it...I'm not even sure if I can out it into words. Basically this book is flippin amazing and even if you don't like indian mythology or even just mythology it is worth it! Okay I'm going to dive right in! 

       The way this book starts out...makes it seem so I don't know...normal. It seems attainable and like it happens everyday...except it doesn't happen...ever. I also love how snarky Kelsey and how she can just seem to go with the flow when most heroines would have flipped the heck out. She keeps her cool and I mean she does freak out but its usually pretty subtle and just in her head. Okay gonna go off the topic of Kelsey for a moment and to how Ren shows Kelsey (SPOILERS) that he isn't actually a tiger it HYSTERICAL and I must say one of the BEST reveals I have ever seen! Back on track! I also really how dynamic Kelsey is, she can't really be fit into any personality type or anything like that. My one and only problem with her is her lack of self confidence like JEEZ WOMAN! I love her and Ren the tiger (and other Ren's) relationship so SO much! Kelsey is just really cool!

     Now Ren, is the embodiment of a confident (not cocky...well okay...a little cocky) prince and mmmmm is he delicious! I actually cannot give away anymore because spoilers but I swear he's amazing 24/7, 100% of the time amaaaaaaziiiiiing!!!!!! I love love LOVE Ren he has got to be my favorite character (#2 is Mr. Kadam, then Kelsey) and he is spectacular and dreamy and GAH!

      Everything about this book from Kelsey's reactions to Ren's just personality to the situations they get themselves into are so humorous and make me want to grin. Now as I give you this review and hope you read this book I must also warn you...I only liked this one and about 100 pages of the 2nd one. Now I know what you're thinking "If she doesn't like the series why is she recommending this book?" Well its because this book is THAT GOOD! I absolutely despise the 3rd and 4th, I truly truly do. I'm sorry if I just insulted you but its the truth and I must caution others. Those last two books make me want to murder someone, myself, destroy something, and/or do someone or myself physical harm....BUT I LOVE THIS BOOK! A LOT!!!! It is just amazing! I read it all the time! Yeah...you should read it! (and the rest of the series...at your own risk)

1 comment:

  1. I've been curious about this series but not sure about adding it to the TBR list, I guess I better give a chance to the first book at least and then see what I think!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...