Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (48)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where that spotlights the upcoming books I am currently anticipating.

~Currently Anticipating~
Antigoddess by Kendare Blake
Release Date: September 10th, 2013    
Publisher: Tor Teen
Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1)
Goodreads Summary:
The Goddess War begins in Antigoddess, the first installment of the new series by acclaimed author of Anna Dressed in Blood, Kendare Blake.

Old Gods never die…

Or so Athena thought. But then the feathers started sprouting beneath her skin, invading her lungs like a strange cancer, and Hermes showed up with a fever eating away his flesh. So much for living a quiet eternity in perpetual health.

Desperately seeking the cause of their slow, miserable deaths, Athena and Hermes travel the world, gathering allies and discovering enemies both new and old. Their search leads them to Cassandra—an ordinary girl who was once an extraordinary prophetess, protected and loved by a god. 

These days, Cassandra doesn’t involve herself in the business of gods—in fact, she doesn’t even know they exist. But she could be the key in a war that is only just beginning. 

Because Hera, the queen of the gods, has aligned herself with other of the ancient Olympians, who are killing off rivals in an attempt to prolong their own lives. But these anti-gods have become corrupted in their desperation to survive, horrific caricatures of their former glory. Athena will need every advantage she can get, because immortals don’t just flicker out. 

Every one of them dies in their own way. Some choke on feathers. Others become monsters. All of them rage against their last breath.

The Goddess War is about to begin.

Why am I waiting on this one? Other than the Greek mythology part? 
It looks super cool and we're actually seeing more of the gods than any of the other books.
And have you seen the cover??? LOVE the tiny drop of blood splashing into the water.
Definitely adds to the awesome-ness factor!

What are YOU waiting on?
Link me up! 


4 comments:

  1. I definitely want to get my hands on this :) I loved Anna Dressed in Blood and the sequel.

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to get a copy of this and it was fantastic. Not much longer now until release date. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Great pick!

    My Friends Are Fiction's Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so, so, so good!!! I love books about goddesses, espeically when it's Greek Mythology. Will definitely be adding it to my TBR list!

    And yes, that cover is INSANELY awesome!



    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I'm also super excited for this one! I loved Anna Dressed In Black and Girl of Nightmares, I'm a Greek mythology nerd and Athena was always my fave goddess, so I can't ask for me in a book!!

    My WoW: http://pili-inlovewithhandmade.blogspot.com.es/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...