Friday, May 2, 2014

The Truth About Books: Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins

This week's book is Sweet Reckoning 
which Taherah and I managed to get an ARC for and it has been absolutely torture 
not being able to gush about it till now!
BE WARNED! THERE ARE SPOILERS AND IT IS THE THIRD BOOK OF A TRILOGY!!!


Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins
464 Pages
Release Date: April 29th, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen

Goodreads Summary:

It’s time. 

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.



~Sweet Reckoning~
Taherah Abbas
Sweet Reckoning was one crazy yet amazing end to the Sweet Evil Trilogy :D

Caitlyn Crowe
This book just gives me so many emotions. I think all it took was like 10 pages to bring up all the old emotions and tears and pain and happiness, but mostly pain

Taherah Abbas
Definitely. So. Much. Happens. My brain basically exploded

Caitlyn Crowe
THEY HAD SEX OMG OMG TAHERAH THEY HAD SEX A LOT OF IT I WAS SO HAPPY AND AAHHHHHH AND THEY WERE MARRIED CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT THIS FACT FOR A SEC????

Taherah Abbas
XD THIS WAS SO FORESHADOWED IN JLA'S ORIGIN (LUX SERIES)

Caitlyn Crowe
SHHHHH it was still beautiful! And I love how that solved their problem so well! And OMG WHEN THEY HADN'T SEEN EACH OTHER FOR A WHILE AND THEY WERE IN THE KITCHEN WITH ALL OF THEIR FRIENDS AT THANKSGIVING AND KAI JUST KEPT XD dies

Taherah Abbas
Omg THAT was the best thing ever :D :D laughs Oh Kai how much I love you ^.^

Caitlyn Crowe
He's such a little slut ☺ its amazing

Taherah Abbas
Basically Kaidan in a sentence ;P

Caitlyn Crowe
Can I just say how much I love him? He really matured (in like a relationship not personality way) and was so sweet and adorable and amazing

Taherah Abbas
The way he is with Anna just makes me "Awwww" and wish that every girl meets that kind of guy ☺

Caitlyn Crowe
YES! And I love how protective he is of her, and not in an irritating overbearing way but in a really sweet amazing sort of one

Taherah Abbas
He just always has her back and his teasing and flirty lines definitely lighten the mood at times

Caitlyn Crowe
He's so funny and he really brings Anna out of her shell. I love literally every interaction between them.

Taherah Abbas
And dude Jay and Marna

Caitlyn Crowe
ERMAGERD JAY AND MARNA AND SHE GOT PREGGERS AND JUST AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Taherah Abbas
RIGHT?! So not expecting that to happen and its so sad that Marna couldn't be able to see her child grow D:

Caitlyn Crowe
:/ in that moment....I kinda hated Jay

Taherah Abbas
:o errrrrrrrrrr why?!

Caitlyn Crowe
Because he's the reason Marna died and she was super cool and basically Anna's first Neph bbf

Taherah Abbas
But it takes two to tango. Besides he didn't even know that could happen

Caitlyn Crowe
snickers oh my gosh I love you cracks up I did forgive him when he found out though. The sadness

Taherah Abbas
Love that phrase :P and I couldn't put blame on either of them though. Things happen in the moment

Caitlyn Crowe
Yeah...oh, you know what moment also sorta killed me inside?

Taherah Abbas
What?

Caitlyn Crowe
Where Kai and Anna were together and that one demon came in and he had to pretend they were gonna have sex even though it would ruin everything for them and Anna kinda really didn't want to with an audience and AAAHHHH

Taherah Abbas
I was giggling yet also feeling bad for Kaidan for having to lie :P

Caitlyn Crowe
...I think we are on two different moments because the one I was on was not funny...

Taherah Abbas
........pretty sure it as the same scene but I just had really mixed emotions for it

Caitlyn Crowe
It was kinda...rapey to me...in that she didn't want to and...BASICALLY I HATE THE DEMONS BECAUSE THEY JUST CONDONE RAPE AND AHHHHH

Taherah Abbas
Well when you put it that way then yeah...........And those evil Dukes who are all for the power made me want to punch them

Caitlyn Crowe
I loved the fight at the end when she went all badass on those idiots! And I love her dad! And that one Duke who decided to be a lady! And the twins and Kope!

Taherah Abbas
Ohohoohohoh YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. It was also so nerve wrecking not knowing who to trust or not though

Caitlyn Crowe
Scariest shit ever. But I loved when she converted the lie detector girl!

Taherah Abbas
It was pretty cool and dude I adore Kope and Zania :D

Caitlyn Crowe
Yes!!!! I love how he knows how to calm her down and not be overbearing and OMG THE COUPLE I LOVE IT MARNA'S SISTER AND KAI'S BEST FRIEND

Taherah Abbas
Ginger and Blake :D :D AGREEEEEED

Caitlyn Crowe
They are my second favorite after Kai and Anna. My heart broke for Ginger when we found out that Blake was engaged because his dad told him to be

Taherah Abbas
I know D: especially after she found about Marna being pregnant and it was just so bad timing

Caitlyn Crowe
....I've been holding it in but...OMG THE LITTLE GIRL IN THE EPILOGUE AND KAI AND AAHHHHHHHH

Taherah Abbas
TOO SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
AND ADORABLE

Caitlyn Crowe
AND AMAZING AND WONDERFUL AND BEFORE HE DIDN'T WANT A DAUGHTER BECAUSE HE COULDN'T STAND SEEING PEOPLE LIKE THE GUY HE USED TO BE HIT ON OR TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER AND I THINK THAT IS LIKE POSSIBLY THE SWEETEST MOST AMAZING SPECTACULAR THING EVER

Taherah Abbas
It really was ☺ Seeing that change in perspective in Kaidan's eyes and it was just crazy beautiful seeing that moment

Caitlyn Crowe
If I wasn't already completely in love with Kai I would be in that moment

Taherah Abbas
It just ended so nicely and I love how it wrapped up without any loose ends

Caitlyn Crowe
I didn't think that it could be ended in three books escpecially with all of the second book's problems but it ended really well!

Taherah Abbas
It really did ☺

Caitlyn Crowe
I GIVE IT 5 STARS

Taherah Abbas
5 STARS from me too :D

What did you guys think about Sweet Reckoning?
Like? Love? Meh? Tell us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...