Friday, February 20, 2015

Review: Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
400 Pages
Release Date: March 10th, 2015
Publisher: Kathrine Tegen Books
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: 5 STARS

Goodreads Summary:

Wilhelmina has a hundred identities.

She is a princess. When the Indigo Kingdom conquered her homeland, Wilhelmina and other orphaned children of nobility were taken to Skyvale, the Indigo Kingdom’s capital. Ten years later, they are the Ospreys, experts at stealth and theft. With them, Wilhelmina means to take back her throne.

She is a spy. Wil and her best friend, Melanie, infiltrate Skyvale Palace to study their foes. They assume the identities of nobles from a wraith-fallen kingdom, but enemies fill the palace, and Melanie’s behavior grows suspicious. With Osprey missions becoming increasingly dangerous and their leader more unstable, Wil can’t trust anyone.

She is a threat. Wraith is the toxic by-product of magic, and for a century using magic has been forbidden. Still the wraith pours across the continent, reshaping the land and animals into fresh horrors. Soon it will reach the Indigo Kingdom. Wilhelmina’s magic might be the key to stopping the wraith, but if the vigilante Black Knife discovers Wil’s magic, she will vanish like all the others

Jodi Meadows introduces a vivid new fantasy full of intrigue, romance, dangerous magic, and one girl’s battle to reclaim her place in the world.


I am very much torn on whether or not I should insist upon you reading this book. Because The Orphan Queen is good. Like I want to run around on the rooftops of the town (*smirk*) and shout spoilers and nonsensical noises that represent my emotions, good. And so I think you should read it, I really really do. Jodi Meadows is amazing. And wonderful, I can't even describe it. But then...I don't want to be the reason you read this book and think "Why the hell did Caitlyn recommend this book to me? That is so mean. Now I have all these pent up feelings with no place to put them because damnit the next one hasn't come out yet." So basically you should all read this book. And then talk to me about it. Please.

Now that I've described nothing I'll get on to the review now! Guys, guys, GUYS this book is AH-MAYZING! Like the blow your mind out of the water, book coma for a week kind of beautiful. And it's all the plot. The characters are cool and you love them (as one always does) but it's the plot that really blows you away. Its just...and then like....*waves arms around* ITS SO AWESOME! Really, spectacularly amazing. *claps* Jodi Meadow deserves a medal. I don't know what kind of medal it would be (probably along the lines of "thank you for this amazing book now stop going to award shows and please, please, PLEASE write the next one!!!!!!! (do you think that's enough exclamation points) but she deserves it... XD
     
Moooooving on. (Btw I'm only going to talk about Wil because her *cough* love interest(or is it interests? *raises eyebrow*) is confusing...and super spoilery) I love Wil. She is badass. She is literally a spy. And a princess of an overthrown country in the court of the over throwers. I mean, come on, you have to be pretty frickin cool (and crazy) to agree to that.  Oh, and she has magic. In a world where it's forbidden too. Wil is just an amazing girl. She sits down and looks at the impossibility of her situation and instead of curling up into a ball to die she does everything she can to get through it. She's just...ugh SHES SO COOL! And I love basically everything she does and just the way she handles things is wicked cool.

So. I've decided. You should all read this book. The second that you are able to go out and find The Orphan Queen and just sit down and read it. No stopping. You can only go to the bathroom and eat if you are reading as well. :D But seriously Orphan Queen will blow your mind. I'm not joking. So you should read it...ok...I'm done now...BYEEEEE

1 comment:

  1. SO MUCH HYPE FOR THIS ONE AND I WANT TO READ IT!

    I heard that the ending is brutal so I'm also a little afraid!

    I'm so glad you found the MC badass! I love it when that happens because I can really connect to them <3 I love that she's a million things at once and yet she's still relatable and real!

    All in all, this sounds like something I'll love. Definitely taking your advice!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...