Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Related Problems

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish! Each week, a new topic is put into place and bloggers share their top ten.
**Lists aren't in any specific order**

Topic: Book Related Problems
Taherah's List: 
1. Falling in love with the characters: How is this a problem? Well for starters they aren't real *tear* And just knowing that there can be such awesome people out there but never meeting them IT'S AGONY ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU JUST WANT THEM TO BE YOUR BF/GF/BFF/BFFLS

2. THE WAIT. There's usually a year long wait for sequels to be published and when the first book was amazing or a book ended with a horrid cliffhanger it's hard not to want the next book. 

3. Finishing a book and then wanting the experience of reading it again for the first time right after you finish it. Those amazing books out there make me feel this way. There are so many books I would love to just read it like it's the first time I'm reading it when I'm really not.

4. MY PRECIOUS=they can't get hurt. Especially signed editions. And hardcovers. if something happens to an ARC and it's not that noticeable (like a small crease) then I could let it go. But generally speaking they have to be in pretty perfect condition.

5. I'm one of those people who avoids pre-ordering or buying a book I haven't yet read from a bookstore. And it's not because I don't want to support the author! Because I do! But I usually end up feeling meh/ok/not worth buying books and it sucks. #brokegirlhere

6. Just one more chapter. Oh I've used the "Wait, let me just finish one more chapter" a bajllion times when I'm in the middle of a really good part and someone asks me to do something. And since it's a really good part, I keep reading and reading and reading. And I've finished the book and not the job...

7. Fangirling over characters, who have the first name as someone you may know, when your friends are in the room... "I LOVE KAI SO MUCH" "NO, NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND KAI, DIFFERENT ONE" (True story btw) 

8. Book to movie adaptations. I DON'T KNOW WHY I EVEN WATCH THE ONES THAT LOOK BAD/WORSE THAN THE BOOK! I just want a movie that has perfect casting and doesn't change any important/squeal worthy scenes. 

9. Friends who aren't big readers don't understand ALL THE BOOKISH FEELS. 

10. Choosing a book to read. THE STRUGGLE. I'm so indecisive that I end up disliking choosing what books I want to read. THERE ARE TOO MANY OPTIONS.  


Caitlyn's List: 
1. Deciding on a book takes at least 1/4 of the time it takes to read the book

2. Running into things while reading (it happens a lot)

3.Books...homework...books...homework...booooks...but I have to do....fuck it. Books. *1 am hasn't 
done homework* shit.

4. Saying "I want to read a books I no I can't hang out" is not socially acceptable 

5. I have hundreds of people I love...a good 85% of them aren't real


6. Trying to remember if you've read a book or not and having to get 1/2 way through when you realize; yes, yes you have.

So there you have it, all our bookish struggles. 
Do you suffer from any of these problems as well? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...